president Charlie Beckford calls meeting to order as of 7:08 pm
Board attendees: Rick Bartell - Director
Steven Perik Jr - Director
Mike W. - Vice president
Kris Pecha - Director
Debbie Priebe – Treasurer
Guest Dave Ruder – Member
Not present: Chris Golat - Director
Curtis Scott - Secretary
Tim Ahlers – Director
President Charlie Beckford Ask that Notes will be taken as a team effort for minutes
First order of business Charlie Beckford ask for Board permission to go to bank and withdrawal the money for the past Tech stickers and pay Steven Perik for them. Motion made by Charlie second by Mike w. motion carried all I favor 5 all opposed 0.
Debbie Priebe joined after vote was taken.
Steven Perik Jr – still is not comfortable with scheduling an Annual Banquet due to new regulations set forth by the governor. Steve offered if anyone else feels it needs to be done, they can oversee it and schedule it.
Rick Bartell – the Batteries have all been checked in the DeWalt emergency tools, Radios and trailer battery with no issues at this time. Debbie and Kris asked Rick if her could get model and make of the radios and order extra batteries to replace the ones that are losing charge in cold weather. The plan is to have the batteries on hand and replace them once we know which ones don’t hold charge in cold use.
Mike W. – discussed master form with phone numbers and addresses on it and will resend so the board has contact information.
Kris Pecha – nothing at this time other that future race info which he will discuss in new business.
Charlie Beckford – discussed some covid 19 concerns, and future race venues all will be talked about in new business.
Mike w. asked if we have any volunteers or candidates for open board positions. Charlie said he had one inquiry on the open secretary position and will follow up with that person, as of the last time Charlie talked to Curtis nobody had showed interest.
Charlie asked where we were on Bylaw changes. Bylaws have been approved by the board of directors but need to approved by the membership at our annual banquet. Charlie asked that Mike W. and Steven Perik Jr review them again and make sure everything is ready for purposed bylaws. Mike W. and Steven Perik Jr agreed to have Bylaws reviewed and submitted to the rest of the board by August 14, 2020.
Mike W. would like to check for our options of F500 wording. He should have an answer by next week and let us know our options.
Board members roles and responsibilities
Charlie Discussed everyone needs to help and be involved. He expressed some board members terms are up and wants to give them the option of being done if they would like. President Charlie Beckford discussed with the board the option of appointing an intern to fill in until we can have our annual election. Charlie will call and discuss with current board members where they stand and call some members for help if needed.
2020 – 2021 Race venues
President Charlie Beckford followed up with Greg at Ironwood, Greg wants to move forward with Pro Vintage Racing but needs to follow up with the Fair Board on date options. Tentative Dates are December 26 or January 2 depending on availability of grounds.
Holcombe has a Tentative date of January 23 with a possibility of January 24 being a two-day race. This would be held as two full PVR shows one on Saturday and one on Sunday.
Wausau 525 has an open date of January 30th. Kris Pecha will follow up with Bill Stull to see the possibility of a race there. Last talk was Ralph is in charge and would like to have a race with Pro Vintage Racing.
Manawa has a tentative date of February 20th and has showed interest of having Pro Vintage Racing part of they’re event. Mike W. will be following up with them.
President Charlie Beckford encourages everyone to get contracts sent out so we can schedule events and get posters made. We would also like to get a schedule to our membership, spectators and supporters.
Question was asked by Treasurer Debbie Priebe on how the Covid 19 will affect our race events. President Charlie Beckford asked that we stay positive and move forward as normal. We will add a form into the Race packets expressing Covid 19 regulations and encouraging the venues to have a plan in place.
Treasurer Debbie Priebe also asked what our plan is for scoring if people cannot cross state lines. President Charlie Beckford expressed we will need to see what the regulations will be at that time and plan at that time to be courteous to our membership.
Mike W. asked how we will approve and sign Race contracts as a board of directors without meeting in person. President Charlie Beckford express his concerns for this also but wants to continue with Zoom meeting and Slack as our primary meeting base. If need be, we will need to mail the contracts out to have signed or approve them via Zoom meeting.
Board of Directors voted on Rule proposals via Slack. Votes stand as voted.
Superstock group asked for seat and tank rule to be removed. Voted down we will leave rule as stands. All in favor 6 all opposed 0.
Pure stock ifs asked for foot basket lube tanks being added. Voted down we will leave rule as stands. All in favor 6 all opposed 0
F500 asked to open rules to race other organizations. Vote passed and statement will be added. All in favor 6 all opposed 0
250 ifs motion was made to rename this class to 250 ifs/380 sprint and be scored separately. Vote was taken class name change was passed but will be scored together. All in favor 6 all opposed 0
250 ifsx motion was made to rename this class to 250 ifs/380 sprint and be scored separately. Vote was taken class name change was passed but will be scored together. All in favor 6 all apposed 0
250 liquid super stock asked if they could run with 300 mod. all in favor 6 all opposed 0
Member Dave Ruder asked if we could allow a superstock liquid to run in the Seniors 340 free air super stock class. all in favor 0 all opposed 6
New class will be a 440 ifs pure stock for 15-17 year olds this will be a one year trial class
2020-2021 Race Director
Vice President Mike W. made the motion to appoint this position to Bruce Kassens. Bruce has done this job for different venues in the past and is also did this for PVR last season, He has showed interest in the position. Rick Bartell second all in favor 6 all opposed 0. Motion carried.
No decision made at this time due to Covid 19 Regulations.
President Charlie Beckford would like to send a thank you card to Joe for his time spent being our tech official. Board agrees and Charlie will send that out to him.
President Charlie Beckford addresses We need more Tech help. He will be making a post asking for help from the membership for a volunteer.
Rick Bartell makes a motion to adjourn meeting
Steven Perik Jr seconds the motion.
Motion carried meeting adjourned